It’s not uncommon for people to travel out of state for effective addiction treatment. As you consider different options in the Great Lakes/Midwest region, pay attention to several factors.
Some of the most important considerations include:
- Accreditation – In order to qualify for accreditation, rehab programs must meet specific requirements for patient care and effectiveness. If possible, attend a program accredited by the Joint Commission, CARF, or a state oversight organization.
- Evidence-based approaches – Evidence-based approaches are backed by scientific research and proven to be effective. Looking for a facility that uses evidence-based approaches is recommended.
- Individualized care plans – Because there is no one-size-fits-all treatment for addiction, rehab plans must be catered to your individual needs. Only consider programs that conduct an initial assessment to determine your unique care plan.
- Aftercare and alumni services – Aftercare and alumni services connect you with a local recovery community after the formal program is complete.
Ready to make a change?
Call to speak with a treatment specialist.
Drug Rehab In The Great Lakes/Midwest Region
Vertava Health of Ohio is a full-service drug rehab facility located in Ohio. However, you can benefit from treatment at Vertava Health of Ohio if you live in any of the following states:
As you search for treatment options near you, learn more about different treatment types.
Medical Detox Programs
Withdrawing from drugs or alcohol can be overwhelming and even dangerous if you don’t have the support you need.
Medical detox programs provide you with medications and other healthcare services to ensure you complete the withdrawal process safely. You may be able to complete medical detox on an inpatient or outpatient basis, depending on your needs and preferences.
Inpatient Rehab Programs
Inpatient rehab programs offer patients an immersive experience, eliminating all the stresses and distractions of everyday life. These programs provide significant advantages, including 24-hour supervision and continuous access to support from peers and professionals.
Inpatient programs also offer a variety of clinical and therapeutic approaches that can be customized to your individual needs and situation. In some cases, patients complete an inpatient program and then transition into outpatient therapy.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
Outpatient rehab programs differ from inpatient treatment because they require patients to travel to and from the facility for each session. These programs are best for people who have a strong support system at home or have already graduated from inpatient treatment.
Like inpatient treatment, outpatient programs vary according to their approach to addiction treatment, program length, and available services.
Medication-assisted treatment programs use FDA-approved medications, such as Suboxone, to aid in the treatment of opioid and alcohol use disorders.
The medications prescribed in MAT programs reduce the intensity and frequency of drug cravings. MAT programs also combine the use of medication with other treatment services, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy or peer support groups.
Substance Abuse Trends In The Great Lakes/Midwest Region
Substance abuse in the Midwest/Great Lakes region is a serious issue that has worsened significantly over the past decade. Specifically:
- The state of Ohio had the second-highest overdose death rate in the nation during 2017, with approximately 39.2 deaths for every 100,000 people.
- Illinois, Michigan, and Kentucky ranked 15th, 11th, and 8th respectively with regard to overdose death rates in 2017.
- More than 9,500 people died of a drug overdose in Illinois, Michigan, Kentucky, and Ohio during 2017.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there was a statistically significant increase in the incidence of drug overdose deaths from 2016 to 2017 in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.
- From 2016 to 2017, the age-adjusted overdose death rate in the state of Indiana increased by more than 22 percent.
- The majority of overdose deaths in the Midwest/Great Lakes region involved opioids.
- Nearly all states in the Midwest/Great Lakes region have a drug overdose death rate significantly higher than the national average.
Consider Vertava Health of Ohio In Ohio
Our facility is located along Atwood Lake in Eastern Ohio. The setting is peaceful, remote, and ideal for focus and relaxation. We accept both male and female patients with all types of addictions, including addiction complicated by co-occurring mental health disorders.
At Vertava Health of Ohio, you have access to a range of different services, including both outdoor-based programming and evidence-based therapies.
Our team of experts understands that every patient is different, so treatment programs begin with an assessment to help determine the best plan of action for your needs. To get started with your recovery, reach out to Vertava Health of Ohio today.